“A letter was received from CA State Tax Board. There was a disagreement about the refund due. Mike Park contacted the Tax Board and an additional check is on its way. Thank you!” — Heidi M., customer since 2012.
Tax Representation and Audit Strategies
When government demands payment of money taxpayers may not even owe, Dunham Associates CPAs is there to help—and we play to win. Tax authorities frequently accuse taxpayers of taking false deductions or disguising income and taxpayers must then fight to prove their innocence. Whether you have payment problems or legitimate disputes over income tax, sales tax, or local property tax, our team of experienced CPAs and IRS Enrolled Agents are tax specialists who know what and how to speak without letting the costs of representation drain your pockets.
- Review and Analysis of Tax Transcripts to locate errors and refunds
- Sharp responses to Federal and State Income Tax Notices. Delinquent Tax Returns Preparation and Defense
- Payroll tax, independent contractor audits, Trust Fund Recovery Penalties
- Foreign Assets, Tax Shelters, and Trust Fund Penalties.
Representation is as much an art as a science: the art of avoiding criminal prosecution and minimizing monetary penalties while complying with tax law. We are masters of research into obscure Internal Revenue Manuals and Internal Revenue Code who use telling phrases from tax authorities that make the common decency Congress intended prevail against overly zealous or ignorant agents of an indifferent bureaucracy. Our CPAs and Enrolled Agents are federally-enrolled tax practitioners with competence in taxation, representation and ethics who represent taxpayers at all levels of the IRS. When the law allows victory, we win!
Collections Strategies: Liens, Levies, Seizures, Payments, Offers in Compromise
When the tax amount is established, Dunham Associates makes sure that federal or state collections are no more burdensome than the law allows. Criminal prosecutions and seizures of property are dramatic threats rarely enforced. Liens on property and levies of bank accounts and wages are regular means of collections. IRS and state estimates of your post-tax living expenses may be too low to make you comfortable with what they leave. How can we stop or slow tax collections to protect your family’s dignity?
- Installment plans and Collections hearing defense
- Removal of Wage Garnishments, Tax Liens and Levies
- Injured and Innocent Spousal Relief
- Form 433 Budgeting and Offers in Compromise
- Abatement of Tax penalties.